Wen- Shin Chen
Full-Time Assistant Professor
Ph.D. International Graduate School of Business (IGSB) University of South Australian (UniSA), Adelaide, Australia
Strategic Management、Business Research Analysis
Information Management、Production Innovation and Management
- Research & Teaching
- Ph.D. in Management, University of South Australia, Australia
- Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instructions, University of Houston, USA
- Graduate Diploma in Management Research, University of South Australia
- M.B.A in Management Information Systems, University of Houston
- M.S. in Business Education (Marketing), University of Wisconsin, USA
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Tunghai University, Taiwan
- Discipline Lead, RMIT Vietnam, 2017-2019
- Senior Lecturer, Newcastle Business School (NBS), 2013-2017
- Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University, 2011-2013
- Assistant Professor, Abu Dhabi University, 2008-2011
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, Prairie View, 2004-2008
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Researcher Award, Abu Dhabi University, 2011
- Chen, W. and Filieri, R. (2019). Continuance intention of social tourism websites: Vietnam’s perspectives on perceived website trust, quality, review usefulness and satisfaction. International Visiting Fellowship, RMIT Melbourne.
- Chen, W., Balijepally, V., & Sutanto, P. (2008-2010). Learner Centric Experiences and Student Satisfaction in Mobile Classrooms: Reflective Practice in an Underserved Institution. HP Technology for Teaching Higher Education Grant, Principal Investigator.
- Chen, W. (2010-2011). Strategic Framework of Collective Green Action for the Abu Dhabi Economic Development. Industry Connectivity Research Grant, College of Research and Graduate Studies, Abu Dhabi University, Sole Investigator.
- Chen, W. (2009-2010). Building E-Service and M-Service Frameworks for Abu Dhabi Tourism. Industry Connectivity Research Grant, College of Research and Graduate Studies, Abu Dhabi University, Sole Investigator.
- Chen, W. (2005-2006). Power Interpretation of Teaching Java Programming. Summer Research Grant. College of Business, Texas A&M University (Prairie View), Sole Investigator.
- Filieri, R., Chen, W., and Dey, B. (2017). The Importance of Enhancing, Maintaining and Saving Face in Smartphone Repurchase Intentions of Chinese Early Adopters: An Exploratory Study, Information Technology and People, 30(3), 629-652.
- Chen, W. (2016). Conceptualizing Emerging Technology in Local Contexts: An Ethnographic Study of RFID in an Emirate’s Farming Industry, Communications of Association for Information Systems, 39, 575-614.
- Chen, W. & Bennett, D. (2013). Gaining Social Values of Wireless Technology: An Interpretive Case Study in the Healthcare Institutional Context, International Journal of Information Management, 33(5), 802-809.
- Chen, W. (2012). Enhancing IT Education with Authoritative Actions: Reflective Practice of Positive Power, Action Learning & Action Research Journal, 18(1), 86-107.
- Chen, W. (2011). Culturally Sensitive IS Teaching: Lessons Learned to Manage Motivation Issues. Information Systems Education Journal, 9(5), 77-85.
- Chen, W. (2011). Theorizing Collective Green Actions. Communications of the IBIMA, Vol. 2011, 1-9.
- Chen, W., & Hirschheim, R. (2004). A Paradigmatic and Methodological Examination of Information Systems Research from 1991 to 2001. Information Systems Journal, 14(3), 197-235.
- Chen, W. and Tomiuk, D. (2014). National and Organizational Culture and Mobile Banking Adoption: An Exploratory Study of Canada and the UK, International Conference on Electronic Business, Taipei, Taiwan, December 8-12.
- Chen, W. (2013). Cultural Difference and EMR Experiences: From the USA to the UAE and the UK, International Conference on Electronic Business, Singapore, December 1-4.
- Chen, W. (2012). RFID in Emerging Economies: A Case Study of the Food Industry in the UAE, European, Mediterranean, & Middle East Conference on Information Systems, Munich, Germany, June 7-8.
- Chen, W. (2011). Cloud Computing in the UAE Context: An Institutional Perspective. International Conference on Information Resource Management (Conf-IRM), Seoul, South Korea, June 12-14.
- Chen, W. (2011). Healthcare Information Technology in the UAE Context. European, Mediterranean, & Middle East Conference on Information Systems, Athens, Greece, May 30-31.
- Chen, W. (2011). Personal Experience as Reflective Research Method. IADIS International Conference Information Systems, Avila, Spain, March 11-13.
- Chen, W. (2010). The Price of Being Green: Does It Matter Anymore? Proceedings of the 15th International Business Information Management Association Conference, Cairo, Egypt, November 6-7.
- Chen, W. (2010). Culturally Sensitive IS Teaching: Lessons Learned to Manage Motivation Issues. Information Systems Educator Conferences, Nashville, TN, USA, October 28-31.
- Chen, W. & Bennett, D. (2010). The Social Values of Wireless Technology in the Institutional Context. Proceedings of the 14th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, July 9-12.
- Chen, W. & Bennett, D. (2010). Managing the Impacts of Wireless Technology. Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Management of Technology, Cairo, Egypt, March 8-11.
- Chen, W. & Bennett, D. (2009). Politically Sensitive IT Practice: A Case Story of Wireless Network Implementation. Proceedings of International Conference on Information Resource Management, Al Ain, UAE, May 21-23.
- Chen, W. & Bennett, D. (2010). Realising Social Value and Shaping Organisational Legitimacy: The Emergence of Wireless Networks, in Creating and Managing a Technology Economy, F. Betz, T. Khalil, Y. Hosni, and H.E. Mostafa (Eds), Singapore: World Scientific, pp. 57-77.
- Information Management
- Strategic Management
- Technology Management
- Innovation Management
- Healthcare Management
- Green Management
- Teaching Pedagogy
- Innovation Project (ISTM)
- Marketing Management (ISTM)
- Introduction to Management (ISTM)
- Strategic Management (RMIT)
- Management in Practice (RMIT)
- Digital Content Creation (RMIT)
- Product Innovation Management (RMIT)
- Leadership and Decision Making (RMIT)
- Creativity Innovation and Design (RMIT)
- Business Research Analysis (NBS)
- Information Management (NBS)