Associate Professor-level Part-time Technical Expert
PG Dip., Applied Linguistics, Surrey University, UK
English language testing, especially issues in reliability and validity
College English, English Writing, Public Speaking
- Research & Teaching
- CELTA: Teacher training (TEFL) International House UK; Cambridge English Language Assessment, University of Cambridge.
- Post-graduate studies: Surrey University UK. PG Dip. In Applied Linguistics: Focus on TESOL
Awards & Certificates
- 1993 – present Qualified IELTS Examiner IDP Taipei
- 1990-1993 ELSI Taipei
Taught English to adults at all levels
- 1993-1997 IELTS Preparation Course Teacher: IDP Taipei
Developed syllabus and overall course structure and taught preparation classes and graded all written work.
- 1997-2010 MELC Taichung
Managing Director and IELTS preparation Course Teacher
Was responsible for teacher training and weekly meetings, Collaborated on curriculum development, met with students on request and graded all written work.
- 2010-present VEC Taichung
ELTS Preparation Course Teacher
Develop syllabus and overall course structure and teach preparation classes and grade all written work.
- 2018-present FCU, ISTM
- 1999 –2010 China Medical College Taichung
Provided copy editing for medical journal articles as and when needed.
Regular contributions to IDP publications regarding IELTS, including test preparation materials and monthly magazines.
Teaching at ISTM in Fall 2018/Spring 2019
- College English (ISTM Year 1)
- Public Speaking (FCU-RMIT Program Year 1)
- English language testing, especially issues in reliability and validity
Courses Taught at ISTM (2017 - 2018)
- English Writing
- Public Speaking
- College English (IELTS)