Tzu Ching Weng
Ph.D., Accounting, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
Financial Accounting, Auditing, Internal Control
Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting
- Research & Teaching
Ph.D. in Accounting, National Chengchi University
Major Academic Positions
- Director, Office for AACSB Accreditation and Business Education Innovation, 2015-present
- Associate, Professor Feng Chia University, 2014-present
- Associate Director, Office for AACSB Accreditation, 2014-2016
- Assistant Professor, Feng Chia University, 2010-2014
- 2014 Feng Chia Good Teaching Faculty Award.
- Political Connection and Credit Risk, 2014 Outstanding Research Paper Award of Review of Securities and Futures Markets.
- Weng, T. C., G. Z. Chen, and H. Y. Chi (2017). Effects of Directors' and Officers' Liability Insurance on Accounting Restatements. International Review of Economics and Finance. (Accepted). (SSCI).
- Liou, C. H.,H. Y. Chi, and T. C. Weng (2016). Managerial Liability Coverage, Controlling Shareholders, and Ownership Structure. Journal of Management & System, 23(3), 397-424. (TSSCI). MOST 101-2410-H-035-015.
- Weng, T. C., H. Y. Chi and G. Z. Chen (2015). Internal Control Weakness and Information Quality. Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, 5(5), 135-169.
- Chi, H. Y. and T. C. Weng (2014). Managerial Legal Liability and Big 4 Auditor Choice. Journal of Business Research, 67, 1857-1869. (SSCI).
- Weng T. C., C. H. Tseng, C. H. Chen and Y. S. Hsu (2014). Equity-based Executive Compensation, Managerial Legal Liability Coverage and Earnings Management. Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, 4(3), 167-193.
- Chen, C. H., T. C. Weng, Y. S. Hsu and H. Y. Chi (2013). Does Governance Mechanisms Affect the Disclosures of Top Management's Compensation? Pan- Pacific Management Review, 16(2), 103-133.
- Weng, T. C. (2013). The Effect of Audit Quality on Voluntary Earnings Forecasts. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 113, p68-87.
- Weng, T. C. and C. L. Chin (2013). Restoring Trust after Internal Control Weaknesses: Does Corporate Governance Matter? Journal of Management, 30 (2), 99-126. (TSSCI). NSC 99-2410-H-035-058.
- Chi, H. Y., T. C. Weng, Z. S. Liao, H. Y. Huang (2017). Political Connection and Firm Performance, NTU Management Review, 27 (2), 1-37. (TSSCI)
- Weng, T. C., C. H. Tseng, Y. S. Chen (2017). The Impact of Political Connection on Conference Calls, Journal of Management, 34(1), 85-118. (TSSCI)
- Weng, T. C. (2017). Do the Organization Types of Audit Firms Matter to Earnings Conservatism? Evidence from China. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 14(2), 116-127. (Econlit)
- Weng, T. C. (2017). Auditors’ Organizational Form and Audit Quality: Evidence from China. Journal of Accounting and Corporate Governance, 12 (2), 37-66. 13) Chi, H. Y., T. C. Weng, H. Y. Huang (2016). The Relation between Politically Connected Board and Accounting Restatements. Sun Yat-Sen Management Review, 24(3), 409-445, (TSSCI)
Teaching at ISTM in Fall 2018/Spring 2019
- Financial Accounting (FCU-SJSU Program Year 2)
- Managerial Accounting (FCU-SJSU Program Year 2)
- The effect of family and family succession on informativeness of accounting earnings and R&D expenditure, 2017 Ministry of Science and Technology research project.( 2017-082018-07MOST106-2410-H-035-035)
- Family Succession and Auditor Choice: Evidence from China, 2015 Ministry of Science and Technology research project. (2015-082016-07MOST104-2410-H-035-019)
- The effect of political connection on analyst forecast information precision, 2014 Ministry of Science and Technology research project. (2014-082015-07MOST103-2410-H-035-016)
- The Impact of Political Connection on Accounting Conservatism and Earnings Management, 2013 Ministry of Science and Technology research project. (2013-082014-07NSC102-2410-H-035-017)